INGREDIENTS (1 CUP = 240ML )
½ cup carrots
salt as needed
3 tbsp oil (adjust)
2 tbsp ginger or garlic finely chopped
1/8 tsp turmeric or Haldi
¼ tsp methi seeds (2 generous pinches powder)
2 tsp mustard seeds or 1 tsp mustard powder (refer notes)
2 tsp red chili powder (adjust as needed)
¾ tbsp lemon juice (adjust)
HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE?
1. Dry roast methi seeds on a low heat until aromatic.
2. As soon as they begin to change to dark color switch off the stove and add mustard.
3. Cool them and powder.
4. Rinse carrots & ginger thoroughly and peel them. Air dry or wipe dry to reduce excess moisture.
5. Chop them to tiny cubes and set aside.
6. Next chop ginger and garlic as well.
How to make carrot pickles?
1. Pour oil to a pan and heat it.
2. When the oil turns hot add chopped carrots, ginger, and toss. Off the stove.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients except lemon juice and mix well.
4. Cool it and then add lemon juice.
5. Store carrot pickle in a clean, dry airtight glass jar. Refrigerate and use.
Quick instant carrot pickle made in Andhra style. This pickle stays good only for a week if refrigerated.